Friday, September 28, 2012

Chapter 2 Question 3

One concept that I really enjoyed this week was the whole concept of empathy. This concept basically means that a person has a keen ability to interpret emotions of others. When empathy is used, it really helps one use more critical thinking. They want to channel into the person they are feeling empathy for, and critically think the way that the other person is thinking. I really know that I use empathy, which is really why it hits home with me. When I am with my friends, I can easily spot out that one of them are having an off day. So, I like to talk it out with them, interpret their emotions, and make an action plan off of what is wrong. For some reason it gives me a high, knowing that I helped another person with their problems. It is not only just with friends though, I can easily tell when people are not having a good day by both their actions and body language. This really helps with the whole concept of empathy, because being able to tell people's emotions is a huge part of it. 

3 comments:

  1. I think you show a great point, because you can really read someone with their facial expressions and body motions if you really tried too. That way you can figure out what the best thing for you to do is, whether if it is to help them or give them some advice. Knowing where you should start would be great. Also, just caring for someone else can bring great warm into their hearts even if you did quite solve their problems. Knowing that you want to help them and be there for them is just enough for them to have hope. Everyone has their ups and downs and I think it's great you take good care of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Greekguy,

    I really agree with you here and believe that empathy was a strong and interesting topic in the chapter. I am very similar you in this sense in which I try my best to read others emotions and help them with their problems. The best way to help people is to try your best to put yourself in their position and then react. Being able to read emotions is a skill that can be used in many aspects in life, whether with personal relationships as well as in a workplace. I understand that not every situation can be fixed, but its always worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello GreekGuy,

    I think this was a great topic to choose. Empathy is something very important when critically thinking about how a person is feeling. Im am glad you can tell when something is wrong with a friend because I believe that is key to being a great friend. I like yourself can tell when my friends are mad, sad, happy, or any emotion. I think is important because if you know or understand how someone feels then you can either be happy with them or give them space when they are mad. I am impressed of how you explained empathy and how you gave a personal experience as support.

    Heisenberg.

    ReplyDelete