Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Chapter 3 Question 1

After reading the story of Sally Ride, she really encouraged me to become more proactive with my education and critical thinking in my own life. Sally ride was always an achiever, from a young age to college she loved education and made it her passion in life. While getting her PHD in Stanford University, she applied to become an astronaut. Out of 8,000 people, she was the only woman and not to mention youngest of the 35 chosen. Going back to chapter one, Sally fits into most of the qualities of a critical thinker. She was an analytical thinker, she was effective in communication, she was definitely one who would like to research, she was a curious one, and the list goes on. She was just a woman who wanted to learn and say to others that women can do anything that a man can do. Overall, she seems like a cool person, and I would like to meet her. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Greek Guy,
    I agree with you that Ride really works hard to strive for what she was seeking for. She has to courage to apply to NASA and became the first female astronaut. Her qualities and experience shows that she is a good and professional critical thinker. I think it is fairly challenging and hard to be one of the 35 people out of 8,000 applicants. I believe her excellent communication skills helped her to stand out among the huge group of applicants. I think good communication skills can help a job applicant stands out when they are interviewing for a job.

    Thank you and have a great one!
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that Ride seems like a cool person to meet! I love how she took a chance and applied for NASA, and once she got accepted into the program, she provided a lot of her services towards it. I think her strong communication skills were definitely a part of her being chosen to join that group of astronauts. I also really like how after all her experiences with NASA, she decided to write children's books based on her experience in space. Aside from writing children's books, she also created a group to help encourage girls' interest in science and develop their leadership, writing, and communication skills. She is a really good role model for women to follow because she seemed like a very independent woman. I believe she was trying to show that women can do anything than men do.

    ReplyDelete