Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chapter 8 Question 2

  Coming from a Christian himself, this is a very hard question for me to answer. I can go either way on this question. On one hand, I can say screw what the teachings say, the person on the death penalty deserved it. These people on death row have definitely done something wrong and certainly have hurt someone in there lifetime, therefore they should also be hurt and punished for their wrong doing. As much as my brain tells me this side, my soul tells me something different. My soul tells me that Jesus of Nazareth has definitely forewarned us about saving people. Even in the scriptures, Jesus clearly tells us to love one another, forgive, and not fill each other with hate. Therefore, in order to listen to something greater, we must save the people on death row and show them a world of tough love and repentance. I really don't know which way I would go, both ways work for me. I guess, in the end, its all depending on the situation. But for now, I am going to stand neutral on this subject. 

Peace to everyone,

-GreekGuy

2 comments:

  1. Well it seems that we are somewhat on the same page with this controversy. I also believe that killing and being killed as punishment is wrong. For as a society it takes example to set a fear in everyone to put an end to crimes such as committing murder. But it won’t affect everyone but is seemed as the best solution we as a country have. We just feel like the idea of killing is wrong. It’s against what Jesus Christ has taught us and what he wants from us. This is not justice it is just a temporary solution to makes us feel safe and secure for a short time being. But it will never succeed to satisfy us long term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said about how the penalty for committing murder could go either way whether it be a sentence to life in prison or exile. I just feel like as long as he or she receives a life long punishment for what he or she committed, the result will be the same. As long as he or she isn't killing anymore, then the world will be a better place. The scriptures don't necessarily have to be the ultimatum of what happens to these convicts. I just don't want to see these people walking on our streets anymore.

    ReplyDelete