Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chapter 12 Question 1

"Hello, career breakthrough. Today’s Scorpio total solar eclipse sweeps through your tenth house of success, bringing unbelievable new opportunities your way. In the coming six months (or sooner), you could change jobs, even launching on an entire new path. Your long-term goals and priorities can get reshuffled dramatically, too, especially if you find yourself thrust into a leadership position." As a person that really doesn't believe in horoscopes, this further concludes that I don't believe them. Horoscopes are so broad and so falsifiable. It is pretty funny, because it says I am going to change jobs and I will have a new path in life- false. I don't have a job right now, nor will I during this semester do to an overload of school. For the long term goals and priorities, that is so vague, how can any of that be true. I'm sure that natural things will lead to new goals and priorities, but that is just a natural part of life. The whole thing with horoscopes is that they are all pretty much bull crap that are so broad that anyone can attach themselves to them. It is for people who need structure to their lives to get reassurance, but I don't think that is a way to live. Live every day like it is your last, don't let a horoscope be the determiner on how one lives one's life. 

Thanks for reading, 

GreekGuy
q

6 comments:

  1. Hello Greek Guy,

    Sounds like your scorpio states that you have and will have a very good life. The Scorpio update your read is more like a long term prediction than a short term status. However, I agree with you that it is very broad and vague. If it says your long term goals will change very often, then why not be more specific and point out what kind of shifts will that be? I do not know why others take those words in even it is not precise and not so accurate. Just like what you mention, We should live our rather than listening to other inaccurate advice!

    Thank you,
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole horoscope thing is quite ridiculous, I agree. I admit though, when I was younger, I used to check my horoscope for the month and would be all excited if it was related to love or something. Lol! They were kind of fun when I was younger, but I have definitely stopped believing them since then. Like you mentioned, they’re all so broad that of course it will somehow apply in some way. But in your case for your horoscope, it doesn’t even apply to your job situation. Also, I agree with you that finding new opportunities is a natural part of life. They can be as little or as big as we can define them so of course an opportunity will come in those six months that this horoscope predicted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Greek Guy,
    I do not think I could have said it better myself. Horoscopes are a bunch of false predictions of ones future. Like you said "I dont even have a job" that proved the horoscope wrong many people find most of it wrong expect one or two things. Further more you brought up a good point that people sometimes just need something to lach onto. I completely agree with your point. I think that girls seem to fall into horoscope more then guys because they see in magazines and printerest. I know what I am talking about because both my mom and girlfriend like to share with me my horoscope on a weekly basis. Thanks for a good blog. Horoscopes are CRAP


    Heisenberg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't really believe in horoscopes either, but for me, some things were accurate. I agree with Louise Arrieta that it was fun to read my horoscope in magazines like J-14 when I was younger and see how my love life was going to be, but now that I'm older, I think it's a bit ridiculous. I have one friend (that I know of) that checks her horoscope every day and would post it up online too talking about how true it is. I honestly think horoscopes are also just something that insecure people need daily in their lives to constantly be reassured of the positive things in their lives. I think they just somehow influence the thoughts of mainly girls into believing they're always true. I don't understand how someone could check their horoscope daily and think it's accurate every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree that horoscopes tend to be very broad in order to make people think they can relate to it. But I do find horoscopes to be somewhat interesting, because I know people how are really passionate about this subject and do a lot of research about it.
    But I do have to realize that the horoscopes I've gotten in the past were not always true, they were only a little bit. Only so much so I think that the prediction was right and that it matched my day. I do not think you should base your daily routine on such predictions because there is nothing to back it up or prove that it is supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you that horoscopes are easily falsifiable and nobody can really tell if you're going to have the best next few weeks. It's difficult managing school and a job, trust me, I do it right now. I definitely know what you're feeling when you say that you're being overwhelmed or at least very busy because of school. You have a much stronger dislike for horoscopes than I do, but that's alright. I think that everyone should have their own opinions about everything and I accept your opinion on them. Thanks so much for sharing your horoscope of the day!

    ReplyDelete