Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 11 Question 3

A concept that I really enjoyed this time around, in this chapter, was the concept of Social Networking. Social Networking can be a good thing to many. It helps build relationships, it helps with job searching and connecting, it helps with rekindling lost friendships, and does so many good things that helps and grows with individuals. There is some bad parts to social networking also. If you post a picture online, that you really shouldn't post, it becomes a property item to that website you posted it to. That means, if you ever get into any trouble with the law, they can use that picture, even without your permission. I have had a friend that was drinking and driving and then went to court and they pulled up a picture of him drinking that night that someone else posted. When it comes to social networking it can be such a good thing, or such a bad thing. One must be very careful when posting on a social networking site because it can comeback to bite one. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Greek Guy,

    I think you are extremely right on about social networks. They have good and bad because people often misuse these networks for fame. Becoming Facebook famous has become a very important issue for young people today and I feel that this is not what a social network is for. I have noticed that it is not really being used for networking reasons anymore, more so for gaining friends and people viewing your profile often. A picture can be misinterpreted by someone who doesn't like you by seeing alcohol somewhere in the picture and you can be viewed as an alcoholic. People should be more careful because like you said, it will bite you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greek Guy,

    I agree with everything that you said about social networking. I also had no idea that they can use pictures that have previously been posted online against you in a state of court like what you said about your friend who was accused of drunk driving. I will probably have to take more caution in what I actually post on facebook to protect my drunk self. The fact that it helps people rekindle old friendships is something that I have definitely taken advantage of since I switched schools back when I was young.

    This helped me a lot, thanks Greek Guy!

    ReplyDelete