Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chapter 6 Question 3

The concept of issues was the one I wanted to expand more upon. Like the book said, an issue is "ill-definied complex of problems involving a controversy of uncertainty." I understood what an issue was before, but I also like how the book tells us to "ask the right questions" in order to fully approach and attack an issue. For example, if one loses one's phone, that could become an issue. Instead of assuming that someone stole your phone or that its gone forever- think critically- retrace and ask the right questions? Ask where was I before I lost it? Who was I with? What could have happened? And before one knows it, the positive and critical thinking about finding the phone, helps one accomplish issues with such a more tactical approach. Overall, I really just enjoy how the book went over this concept of issues and finding answers within those issues. It really helps one think a little more abstractly and more  logical.

Thanks for reading,

-GreekGuy

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Greekguy. The concept of issues and asking the right questions was really enjoyable and makes one think about how it applies to their life. I realize through Boss that being positive and not assuming the worse is a good way to solve issues. The example with losing something is a very solid example to portray how remaining positive will allow us to ask the right questions and increase the possibility of solving the issue. Also by remaining positive we are able to fully think out every possibility that led to the issue at hand. Because of the ability to positively think and see every possibility, we are able to strategically approach and find the best possible solution.

    -AvatarAang

    ReplyDelete