Saturday, December 8, 2012

Final Question 3


The one concept I loved this semester had to do with empathy. I just loved it. I think it is important to use this in every day life and discuss it in this class. Being able to interpret what others are thinking by reading their body language and emotions has such a huge impact on one's life. When you use empathy in a critical thinking way, you can channel into the other person and their emotions. You can put yourself in their shoes and feel how they feel. If you can have the class know how important it is for others to be empathetic, it would really help people. It would cut the amount of judging, the amount of hazing, the amount of jealousy , the amount of anger, and just everything negative in the world. That would be the only concept I would have liked to go further in detail on. Anyways, it has been nice writing this semester, I really enjoyed all of my readers. Thank you for being so great and understanding this semester,

Costa The Greek Guy 


2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with empathy being one of my favorite concepts learned throughout the year. The science of interpretation through body language and emotions is one of the most interesting topics in this class. Doing this can help people cheer up when they're down, or even help them on more of a permanent basis. The fact that you can dig deeply into your own emotions and be capable of determining the origins of said emotions is insane. It's something I like to do on my own too! Thank you for all the help this year Greek Guy! I don't think anyone would've passed the class without you... For real though.

    Thank you, Chandler Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Greek Guy,

    I also liked the discussion our class had about empathy and understand others' feelings. I definitely think it is an important characteristic to have and possess; everyone should have empathy no matter where you've been or who you are. I agree with you when you say that having more empathetic people in this world would lead to less amounts of judging, hazing, jealousy, and anger. It is a little sad to see that a lot of people aren't empathetic and caring for others that live in their lives. Anyway, thank you for sharing everything you've shared this past semester!

    ReplyDelete